The IEEE 802.11ax based Wi-Fi 6 has created a market storm with a raft of product announcements in the past year. We expect 2020 to be the bumper year for Wi-Fi 6 as many new wireless products are likely to incorporate Wi-Fi 6 technology. In this deep dive, we want to cover the inner workings of WiFi 6 in other words: All the technology aspects of Wi-Fi 6 you need to understand to make you more successful with Wi-Fi 6 as you develop your products and applications.
Topics to be covered are:
- Main objective of IEEE 802.11ax/Wi-Fi 6
- High density wifi in stadiums, malls, offices, apartment complexes, why cannot existing 11ac solve this problem
- Key technologies in Wi-Fi 6; What problems do they solve?
- Inside OFDMA in Wi-Fi 6
- How does it address the problem?
- All about OFDMA RUs; what is allowed?
- How is it handled on DL and UL?
- Unique challenges of UL OFDMA; how are timing, power, and other issues sorted out amongst multiple transmitters
- How is multiuser allocation communicated on the DL and UL?.
- MU-MIMO differences between Wi-Fi 6 and earlier generation
- DL MU-MIMO and UL MU-MIMO differences
- DL MU-MIMO in 11ac and 11ax
- Common aspects in MU-MIMO and OFDMA
- Differences between OFDMA and MU-MIMO; when to use what?.
- Supporting aspects for multiuser communications
- Trigger frames for UL multiuser communications scheduling
- ACK handling mechanisms for DL and UL
- MU-RTS , buffer status handling steps
- Data rate improvements ; 1024 QAM and OFDM efficiencies; comparisons with 11ac
- Enhancements for the IOT world
- 20 MHz only operation; how can it potentially coexist with other STAs
- TWT; how does it help in power save?.
- Spatial reuse
- How does it help in solving high density problems
- BSS colour, SRGs..what are they?
- Some results from simulations
- What is happening today in the 11ax product world
- What features are we seeing being used?
- Where are the challenges?.
- What are next features likely to come to market
To deliver this Masterclass, we’re delighted to be partnering with Nanocell Networks and Dr Srikanth Subramaniam. Participation requires payment and registration to attend Wi-Fi NOW USA 2020. Also note: There are only 30 seats available! To register go to our registration page here. This training program includes coffee service and lunch, which will be served at around 12:30.
Brought to you in partnership with: