Inside Wi-Fi 6 Masterclass
802.11ax/Wi-Fi 6 (duration: 2x 3.5 hours)
The IEEE 802.11ax based Wi-Fi 6 has created a market storm with a raft of product announcements in the past year. We expect 2021 to be the bumper year for Wi-Fi 6 as many new wireless products are likely to incorporate Wi-Fi 6 technology. In this deep dive, we want to cover the inner workings of Wi-Fi 6 in other words: All the technology aspects of Wi-Fi 6 you need to understand to make you more successful with Wi-Fi 6 as you develop your products and applications.
“The 2 day web training (6hrs) on WiFi6 (802.11AX) from Srikanth was very informative. His presentation was crisp and clear and was pretty engaging too. The depth and width of his presentation on MAC and PHY was quite right. By attending this seminar, I saved weeks and weeks of 802.11AX document reading. By making the recordings of the presentation available for a limited time, Srikanth offers all the attendees’, a 2nd chance to listen to the seminar and solidify his/her knowledge. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who like to get a good knowledge on the inner workings of WiFi6. I will give 5/5 for Srikanth’s presentation skills”.
– Vamadevan Namboodiri, PhD. Samsung Electronics USA
Topics to be covered are
- Main objective of IEEE 802.11ax/Wi-Fi 6
- High density wifi in stadiums, malls, offices, apartment complexes, why cannot existing 11ac solve this problem
- Key technologies in Wi-Fi 6; What problems do they solve?
- Inside OFDMA in Wi-Fi 6
- How does it address the problem?
- All about OFDMA RUs; what is allowed?
- How is it handled on DL and UL?
- Unique challenges of UL OFDMA; how are timing, power, and other issues sorted out amongst multiple transmitters
- How is multiuser allocation communicated on the DL and UL?.
- MU-MIMO differences between Wi-Fi 6 and earlier generation
- DL MU-MIMO and UL MU-MIMO differences
- DL MU-MIMO in 11ac and 11ax
- Common aspects in MU-MIMO and OFDMA
- Differences between OFDMA and MU-MIMO; when to use what?.
- Supporting aspects for multiuser communications
- Trigger frames for UL multiuser communications scheduling
- ACK handling mechanisms for DL and UL
- MU-RTS , buffer status handling steps
- Data rate improvements ; 1024 QAM and OFDM efficiencies; comparisons with 11ac
- Enhancements for the IOT world
- 20 MHz only operation; how can it potentially coexist with other STAs
- TWT; how does it help in power save?.
- Spatial reuse
- How does it help in solving high density problems
- BSS colour, SRGs..what are they?
- Some results from simulations
- What is happening today in the 11ax product world
- What features are we seeing being used?
- Where are the challenges?.
- What are next features likely to come to market
To deliver this Masterclass, we’re delighted to be partnering with Nanocell Networks and Dr Srikanth Subramaniam. Participation requires payment and registration. This training program includes On-demand Recording of the Masterclass, the course slides for review, reference and worksheets used in the course & Wi-Fi NOW Academy Certificate of Completion.
Brought to you in partnership with: