802.11 (duration: 1x 3.5 hours)
The objective of the course is to give an overview of Wi-Fi which is accessible to a variety of people working in this area. It will cover the roots of the technology and shall address the latest evolution. Product and deployment insights will be given to help us appreciate the richness of WiFi.
What other students wrote about Dr. Srikanth
“The 2 day web training (6hrs) on WiFi6 (802.11AX) from Srikanth was very informative. His presentation was crisp and clear and was pretty engaging too. The depth and width of his presentation on MAC and PHY was quite right. By attending this seminar, I saved weeks and weeks of 802.11AX document reading. By making the recordings of the presentation available for a limited time, Srikanth offers all the attendees’, a 2nd chance to listen to the seminar and solidify his/her knowledge. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who like to get a good knowledge on the inner workings of WiFi6. I will give 5/5 for Srikanth’s presentation skills”.
– Vamadevan Namboodiri, PhD. Samsung Electronics USA
Topics to be covered are
- Wi-Fi Overview – why should we understand this technology?
- IEEE 802.11 standards and its role
- WFA and its role; interoperability and certification
- Relationship between 802.11 and Wi-Fi
- Wi-Fi networks; BSS/IBSS/P2P/mesh
- BSS, IBSS, ESS, DS, BSSID, SSID, MBSS
- Typical evolution of the Wi-Fi AP along with the ecosystem
- Important chipset players
- Breakup of solution; software, hardware, and firmware
- Role of open-source solutions like OpenWRT
- Wi-Fi direct vs. ad-hoc networks ; differences
- Mesh and WDS; what is the need?
- IEEE 802.11 set of standards and their evolution
- Speeds and bandwidths
- Key technologies; OFDM, MIMO, and their impacts
- Upcoming standards; new technologies like OFDMA
- Spectrum of operation
- Security, QoS, and other features evolution
- WLAN deployment scenarios; home vs. hotspot vs. service provider vs. enterprise
- Wi-Fi product space; a survey of some interesting features
- Wi-Fi and IOT; link with BLE and ZigBee/Thread
- 802.11ba; Wi-Fi Wakeup radio and its impacts
- Wi-Fi and voice ; Wi-Fi calling
- Wi-Fi and LTE unlicensed
To deliver this Masterclass, we’re delighted to be partnering with Nanocell Networks and Dr Srikanth Subramaniam. Participation requires payment and registration. Also note: There are only 20 seats available! To register go to our registration page here. This training program includes On-demand Recording of the Masterclass, the course slides for review, reference and worksheets used in the course & Wi-Fi NOW Academy Certificate of Completion.
Brought to you in partnership with: