To listen to the Portuguese live translation, simply activate the live podcast stream below.
Session 1: March 2, @10 am BRT Add to Calendar
Session 2: March 3, @10 am BRT Add to Calendar
This event begins Tuesday March 2 @10 am BRT (GMT-3) and continues on Wednesday March 3 @10 am. To mark your calendar click on the calendar icons above. To view the event simply register and the viewer window above will clear. Translation into Portuguese will be provided as a separate audio channel on this page.
In early December 2020 Brazilian regulator Anatel entered into a 45-day public consultation period on proposed rules that would release the full 6 GHz band to Wi-Fi. The landmark decision means that Brazil could finally release the full 6 GHz band to Wi-Fi (and other unlicensed radio) perhaps in 1Q of this year.
But what may be the impact of Wi-Fi 6E on the Brazilian market? What opportunities will emerge for Brazilian businesses, including new opportunities for telcos and the wider Brazilian IT industry? How will Wi-Fi 6E transform Internet connectivity for consumers?
To address all the relevant questions we’ve invited Brazilian and world Wi-Fi industry leaders to join us for this two-day Special Event on 6 GHz Wi-Fi for Brazil. The two-day agenda will include:
- Strategy & vision on 6E technology for Brazil
- Regulation and coexistence in 6 GHz bands
- Market impact for Wi-Fi 6E – including services, telco impact, & more
Join our live stream by registering above to view the event. You may submit questions during the event (or before) to our producer Maria Thomsen at [email protected] and we shall do our best to answer.
With thanks to our media parter in Brazil:
This event is endorsed by:
And special thanks to our sponsors:
- Umair JavedChief Counsel for Jessica Rosenworcel, Acting Chairman of the FCC, USA
- Emmanoel Campelo de Souza PereiraCommissioner & Vice President, Anatel
- Claus HettingCEO & Chairman, Wi-Fi NOW
- Martha SuarezPresident, Dynamic Spectrum Alliance
- Alan NormanPublic Policy Director, Facebook
- Alex RoytblatVP Regulatory Affairs, Wi-Fi Alliance
- Carlos Eduardo Monteiro de Morais MedeirosDirector, Regulatory and Institutional Affairs, Oi
- Pamela GidiVice Minister of Telecommunications, Republic of Chile
- Alex JuciusCEO, Associaçao NEO
- Agostinho LinharesManager of Spectrum, Orbit, and Broadcasting, Anatel
- Carlos CordeiroWireless CTO, Intel
- Matt MacPhersonWireless CTO, Cisco
- Hugo RamosChief Technologist Caribbean & Latin America, CommScope
- Ravi IchapurapuSenior Wireless Engineer, Device Connectivity, Amazon
- Lucas GallittoPublic Policy Director, Latin America @GSMA
- Scott ImhoffSVP Product Management, Cambium Networks