By Claus Hetting, Wi-Fi NOW CEO & Chairman
On September 29 Wi-Fi NOW is kicking off its first Virtual Wi-Fi World Congress – and the program will be packed with thought-leaders from across the Wi-Fi industry. So what can you expect? Here’s a quick rundown of the program highlights. Live streaming from the event is FREE upon registration from anywhere in the world – go here for links to program days & registration.
The world may have been mostly locked down (and parts of it still is) but that hasn’t stopped the Wi-Fi industry from advancing at a record pace during the past 8 months. On September 29 Wi-Fi NOW is kicking off its first Virtual Wi-Fi World Congress – and it will be packed with critical thought-leadership insights covering every aspect of this diverse industry.
We’ve said it before and we will say it again: We’re facing a paradigm shift in wireless connectivity – driven by a big leap forward in Wi-Fi technology and not least a huge portion of new unlicensed spectrum to boot. It’s all about Wi-Fi 6 and 6E – of course – but we will also take a concerted look at more tech on the horizon: Very low power Wi-Fi with 802.11ba – and even Wi-Fi 7 aka 802.11be. We’re delighted that IEEE 802.11 work group chair will be with us on September 29.
September 29 will be our Open Leadership Summit featuring many of the most prominent voices in Wi-Fi industry and government: Big welcome to tireless Wi-Fi advocate and FCC Commissioner Jessica Rosenworcel, the dynamic VP at Facebook and Wi-Fi industry veteran Dan Rabinovitsj, Wi-Fi Alliance President & CEO Edgar Figueroa, CEO of Cambium Networks Atul Bhatnagar, and many more. Together we will explore a vision for the Wi-Fi connected future and discuss the huge potential – and challenges – facing Wi-Fi today.
Each of our following days will then be thematic – and here’s the full outline:
- Sept. 29: Open Wi-Fi industry leadership summit – click here for Day 1 program & details
- Sept. 30: Revolutionising the home – click here for Day 2 program & details
- Oct. 1: A paradigm shift in connectivity (evolution & new use cases in IIoT, local licensing, automotive, & more): Wi-Fi 6 & 6E – click here for Day 3 program & details
- Oct. 2: Transformational services (enterprise Wi-Fi leaders) – click here for Day 4 program & details
- Oct. 6: Breakthroughs in Wi-Fi innovation / monetization, offload, & roaming – click here
- Oct. 7: A world of cognition & mesh / optimisation, performance, & quality – click here
- Oct. 8: Connecting the next billion users with Wi-Fi / Open Architectures featuring Google, Facebook – more to come soon
In short: We have a huge amount of critical Wi-Fi information and insights to share with the entire globe – and you will learn from this industry’s most prominent experts. Live streaming is FREE from anywhere on the globe and pre-registration is not necessary. Just go to our website here and mark your calendar, then navigate (using the list above) to the day sessions as you wish.
A big, warm welcome to the Virtual Wi-Fi World Congress from all of us at Wi-Fi NOW to all of you, wherever you are, across the globe! This is your chance to get the right knowledge – and get involved.